Saturday, March 17, 2007

Week 3 - Flickr Font

FlickrFont (http://ghill.customer.netspace.net.au/flickrfont/) is a mashup that allows you to create word art using images from Flickr to replace dull text elements in a web page. It can either be static or dynamic. I have copied the code and am going to try to paste it into my school website to see what happens. So much of the image world is not available to us at school, that it will be interesting to see if this works. I love adding graphical elements to projects and I am sure students would really like using this for their own work.
I also played around with Magazine Cover in FD's Flickr Toys. That could make an interesting school project. Not only could it be printed out and used for an actual magazine that students create, but the cover itself could be a project, much like a trading card, ie. what would a magazine cover look like for the literary character Thidwick the Moose, Hermoine Granger, Babar, Paddinton Bear, etc?

1 comment:

Tom Kaun said...

I think you could really get lost in Flickr (and a lot of other places on the 'net as well). for several months I've had a Google homepage (and five subpages) and every once in a while I try adding something new. The choices are endless because there are people out there who love to make new widgets and various other gadgets to help us "waste" our time! I'm glad I don't have the expertise or the patience for that kind of thing--I save mine for other endeavors.