Thursday, May 31, 2007

June is here!



  • School Library Learning 2.0 runs from June 1-September 1, 2007. The URL is http://schoollibrarylearning2.blogspot.com/
  • I have been through the course as a "test driver" and it is the best "road trip" I have ever taken.
  • California School Library Association (CSLA) members who have been through the course will "cheer on" participants that take the course over the summer. It is the cheering and encouraging one another along the way is a key part of the "summer 2.0 fun" experience.
  • School Library Learning 2.0 is the first and only learning 2.0 program designed especially for K12 and California Curriculum Connections.
  • School Library Learning 2.0 is the first and only learning 2.0 program that includes librarian AVATARS. Why? Because in addition to it being FUN, school teacher-librarians and their colleagues need to model safe Internet behavior to students -- student photos and glamour shots don't belong on blogs for the whole wide world to see!
  • School Library Learning 2.0 participants can also get academic credit (2 units) -- a nice incentive for teacher-librarians and other teachers. The link to Fresno Pacific University's Continuing Education registration site is now "live." See http://schoollibrarylearning2.blogspot.com and go to the "ABOUT" section for details.
  • I have already used so many tools that I discovered on this journey. Put on your traveling duds and jump onboard!

3 comments:

bibliotecaria said...

Hello, my friend. Nice to receive your comments on my little blog. I guess my glasses didn't disguise my true identity, huh?

I notice you've used a few book cover images on your blog as well.

On my little rotating cube, if you click on it, you can stop the action. You can even make it give you a little slide show. Nice and still.

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

You are some super test driver!
Thanks for all you have done and keep on doing for California school librarians.

Best wishes.
- Jackie

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.