Sunday, April 22, 2007

Week 5 #12 Rollyo

This could be handy to focus student research. I am anxious to try it at school tomorrow to see if can be accessed there. I made a search tool for project-based learning which is a topic I do many presentations on for CTAP. It would be useful for participants to have all the resources in one search tool when trying to build their own projects.
I added a Rollyo search box on one of my school web pages (http://www.djusd.k12.ca.us/harper/library/index.html) with searches for current events, reference, american history and mythology as a "test drive". I am talking with the Rollyo team about how to remove the general web search feature which is imbedded in the script that they provide. Even after taking it out of the html script it stills goes out to the general web. It would be most helpful to me if it would lock the students into the sites that I have provided for them.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes! Once you confirm that your Rollyo works at school, please give us an example of how your students could use it in their research. Thanks.